Monday, December 27, 2010

Whose Your Daddy?

I am at the moment in gorgeous Hawaii, in Volcano National Park on the Big Island. Some friends and I are staying for a week in a cabin in the forest - a primeval dense jungle of towering tree ferns, banyan trees, vines, and other trees and plants I've not yet identified. We are at about 3500 feet elevation. We are hardly "roughing it," as we have electricity and all the comforts of home, including a wireless network! And yes, we all brought our computers!

Being in such a beautiful setting, away from home and work - truly "vacating" as it were - definitely helps clear the mind and soul of stress and worries. I'm trying to take advantage of this to do some thinking and planning and writing. As I reviewed Mod Daeng's Blog, I realized I'd not posted a photo of the father of Mod Daeng's litter. Here he is.


His name is Bear Country's Alan Parsons Project. He's a Champagne (Chocolate Sepia) male about three and a half years old. He's fathered several beautiful litters of Burmese, and he is my only whole male. He does tend to spray and occasionally be aggressive with other cats so I cage him but let him out nearly every day for some time romping in the sun and fresh air. I have an outdoor 2nd floor deck that is carefully netted in to keep kitties from escaping.

Alan may have some of the less desirable behaviors of a whole male, but otherwise he is such a sweetheart. I call him "The King of Drop and Roll". He loves to drop and roll frequently and without warning and expose his belly for petting, especially right in front of me when I'm trying to cross the room. He adores being petted and I give him lots of love whenever I am home. Many of his kittens have also inherited the "Drop and Roll" gene, and all of his kittens show the same kind of affection Alan demonstrates, like him they love to cuddle.

To all who are reading Mod Daeng's blog, I wish Mele Kalikimaka (Merry Christmas in Hawaiian) and all the best for the new year. My next post will be about the two Mink boys in Mod Daeng's litter who have gone to their new home!

No comments:

Post a Comment